Making Friends Nursery provides a safe, friendly place of care and learning for children from 0 to 5 years, whilst actively preparing them for school.
We offer funded sessions for two, three and four year olds. We also offer 30 hour funding too
Making friends still have vacancies. Your child can learn and develop in an enhancing environment with highly experienced practitioners.
At Making Friends Nursery your child will take part in a wide variety of child initiated activities based around the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) a framework which provides guidance to early years workers to support children in their physical, emotional and mental learning.
Want to know more about EYFS?
In September 2014, a new EYFS framework was implemented. This revised EYFS emphasises the need for professionals:
- To spend more time interacting with the children to promote creative and critical thinking skills and to help develop their early language and communication skills.
- To encourage dads and mums to become more involved in their child’s development and to give ideas as to how they can support this development at home.
- To identify as early as possible any additional needs a child may have and strengthen links with colleagues, such as health visitors, who can support these needs.
- To share with parents a summary of their child’s progress between 2 and 3 years of age.
- To refocus the learning and development of the youngest children in the foundation years through the three prime areas of learning: personal, social and emotional development; communication and language; and physical development, and along with four specific areas of learning: literacy; mathematics; expressive arts and design; and understanding the world.